OGDEN — The Ogden City Mayor’s Awards in the Arts ceremony was held Thursday, Nov. 1, with 10 local honorees being recognized for their contributions to the arts in the community.
Lorie Buckley, arts coordinator for the city, said it’s an evening she looks forward to every year.
"We enjoy recognizing those individuals and organizations who are making a difference in the arts and culture scene here in Ogden," Buckley is quoted in a news release. "These creatives work diligently, often on a volunteer basis, to give our community access to excellent arts and cultural programing."
The ceremony was held in the Browning Theater at Ogden’s Union Station. Winners of the 2018 Mayor’s Awards in the Arts are:
• Ogden Nature Center — Lifetime Contribution, Organization
• Michael Palumbo — Lifetime Contribution, Individual
• Patrick Poce — Arts Advocacy
• K Stevenson — Arts in Education
• Carbon Architects — Design Arts
• R. Brandon Long — Media Arts
• Todd Oberndorfer — Media Arts
• Jazz at the Station — Performing Arts, Organization
• Shane Osguthorpe — Performing Arts, Individual
• Shanna Kunz — Visual Arts
Ogden Mayor Mike Caldwell called it "an honor" to be able to recognize recipients of the awards.
"The honorees leave their personal mark on Ogden through their stories and art and help bring new energy and excitement to residents and visitors in from all over the country," he’s quoted in the news release.
Nominations for the mayor’s awards are open throughout the year. To nominate an individual or organization, visit ogdencity.com/mayorsawards.
For more information about Ogden City Arts, go to ogdencity.com/arts.