MOUNTAIN GREEN -- Two events combine for one day of fun as the Tour De Mountain Green Pioneer Day Celebration unfolds on Tuesday, July 24.
Events, which include a bike ride, begin at 7 a.m. and continue throughout the day, with most activities taking place at Kent Smith Park, 5600 W. Old Highway Road.
The celebration gets under way on Monday, July 23, with a sunset yoga session at 8:30 p.m. at the park, followed by an outdoor screening of "The Muppets" (2011, PG).
The lineup for Tuesday is as follows; events are free unless otherwise indicated.
* Breakfast, 7-10 a.m. Choose a traditional pancake, ham and egg menu, or try out the new fruit and yogurt parfaits served with whole-grain bread. Tickets are $5.
* Morgan Valley Cycle, 7:30 a.m. Check in at the park for an early morning ride in the mountains. Several routes will be available for advanced riders, novice riders and young riders.
* Volleyball tournament, 8 a.m. The action will be in a four-person coed format. Participants may register in advance at www.tourdemtngreen.com or at the event.
* Hot air balloon candy drop, 9 a.m. Be sure to bring a bag to stash the goodies.
* Car show, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. All models are welcome; looking at the vehicles is free. The fee to enter is $10, due at check-in. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and space is limited, so car fans may preregister in advance on the website.
* Kids bike rally, 11 a.m. An obstacle course for ages 3-5 and 6-10.
Various vendors will be set up from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Other activities available are canoeing, tubing and golf (at Round Valley Golf Course in Morgan), from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. For more details or to make reservations, visit the website.
The park is reached off Interstate 84's Exit 92 (Mountain Green/Huntsville) and is located four miles down Old Highway Road.