Peery's Egyptian Theater has fired up a summer lineup that begins Friday with the Foursite Film Festival and the Fly Fishing Film Tour.
The theater opens with the two festivals before starting a new feature involving interactive film screenings. The "Saturday Night Fever" event will include a dance party after the show, and "Mamma Mia!" will feature a singalong.
The summer months bring screenings of classic cinema pieces as well as some famous blockbusters revisited.
- An Evening with Jeff Lowe and Malcolm Daly, a multimedia presentation with the documentary "Jeff Lowe's Metanoia," 8 p.m. June 14. $15/advance, $20/day of.
- "Saturday Night Fever" (1977, R), the John Travolta film about a Brooklyn native who enters a disco-dancing competition. A disco dance party follows. 7 p.m. June 18. $5/film. Disco party $10/advance, $15/day of.
- "Mamma Mia!" (2008, PG-13), the ABBA-themed musical film with Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried. The interactive portion includes an ABBA singalong to the movie. 7 p.m. June 29. $5.
- "Annie Get Your Gun" (1950), the cinema classic about Annie Oakley. 7 p.m. July 9. $5.
- "Back To The Future" (1985, PG), Michael J. Fox stars as time-traveling Marty McFly. 7 p.m. July 13. $5.
- "D.O.A." (1950), classic about a man who must find his own killer. 7 p.m. July 16. $5.
- "Jaws" (1975, PG), a killer shark attacks an island community. 7 p.m. July 27. $5.
- "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" (1986, PG-13), the adventures of Bueller as he plays hooky from school. 7 p.m. Aug. 10. $5.
- "Niagara" (1953, PG), Marilyn Monroe and Joseph Cotten star in the murder mystery. 7 p.m. Aug. 20. $5.
- "Grease" (1978, PG-13), an interactive screening with a singalong to the John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John musical. 7 p.m. Aug. 24. $5.
Tickets are available at the box office, 801-689-8700, or through Smith's Tix, 800- 888-TIXX.