The Community Foundation of Ogden Valley is hosting a “Taste of Ogden Valley” in conjunction with the Amazing Raise nonprofit fundraiser.
“We have selected four restaurants to represent the best of Ogden Valley,” organizer Marion Horna said.
The day of festivities takes place on Saturday, Sept. 8, at Wolf Mountain Resort, beginning with a 5K, 10K and half-marathon at 8:00 a.m. Food vendors, nonprofit booths and kids’ activities will open at 9 a.m.
The featured restaurants include Eats of Eden, Huntsville Barbecue Company, Harley & Buck’s, and Carlos & Harley’s. Each will serve up tastes of their most popular breakfast and lunch items for between $1.50 and $6.
A sampling of the day’s menu includes breakfast burritos ($3.50), beef or chicken tacos ($2), and a unique smoked salsa with chips from Carlos & Harley’s ($3).
Other treats slated for the event are beef sliders ($1.50), toffee chocolate chip cookies ($1) and Eats of Eden’s signature salad ($1.50) with tomatoes, black olives, chicken, homemade dressing and greens served on fresh focaccia bread.
This is the Community Foundation of Ogden Valley’s second fundraising event. Last year, they collected nearly $50,000, according to Horna. This year they will use that money to match donations made by members of the community to about 20 nonprofit organizations in the valley being represented at the event.
Proceeds from the races, walk-a-thon and summer biathlon (run/shoot or bike/shoot) will go into a fund for next year’s fundraising event.
“We are providing a place for the community to gather and look at what the local nonprofits have to offer,” Horna said. And, they plan to make it a fun day for all ages.
Mountain Maggie, a ghost of valley folklore, will make an appearance to host the “Mountain Maggie Madness Activity Center,” with games and face painting for children.
Raffles and prizes being given away throughout the day include Snowbasin ski passes.
TV personality Casey Scott will emcee the event, and the Kap Brothers are providing entertainment.
Schedule of Events
Friday, Sept. 7
- 6-8 p.m. — Racer packet pick-up and registration at Wolf Mountain Resort
Saturday, Sept. 8
- 7 a.m. — Racer packet pick-up open, volunteer check-in
- 7:45 a.m. — Racers queue up
- 8 a.m. — 5K, 10K and half-marathon begin
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m. — Nonprofit booths, kids activities and Taste of Ogden Valley food booths open
- 10:30 a.m. — Entertainment by Kap Brothers
- 10:30 a.m. — Valley schools walk-a-thon starts
- 11 a.m. — Awards ceremony
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. — Hourly prize and raffle drawings
- 11:15 a.m. — Obstacle course kids competition
- Noon — Summer biathlon starts
More information at www.amazingraise.com